Gene: I had suspected that it might originally have been a pinfire as well, but neither the barrels nor the breachface give indications of ever being modified (I'd actually love it if it had been converted or even a duel-fire system, as I truly-admire the look of pinfire hammers!). Those are clearly pinfire-era fences and it certainly is early enough but... it appears to be what it is now. I'm having it bent slightly back to neutral and getting a small spring made for that sidelever system. I've also having the tubes cleaned up a little (they were evidently safe, but looked a bit too-gnarly in the breech section for my tastes). Looking forward to trying it out sometime in the next few weeks. It's got a slim wrist and a lively feel for it's gauge, weighing-in at 6lbs9 w/those 30-inch tubes. It won't likely be much of a target gun but... it should serve well-enough for that (at least occasionally). My big hope is for use on game. Those non-rebounding locks make both hammers fairly-easy to sweep to full from half-cock.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 06/02/23 10:01 PM.