I ran into an older gent at a Federal WMA here in Minnesota, perhaps three seasons ago. We had the place to ourselves, and he was hunting with a Franci O/U that was fairly new. He bought a 12 because it was easier to get non toxic loads. He was dogless, and not far from being one of those old guys who used to hunt, in my estimation, but, I’ve been wrong before. He was very concerned that my 16 gauge Lefever Nitro Special might not have non toxic loads in it, and I’d be fined, or, worse, if the Feds checked me. I had that covered, of course.

It has been many years since I ran into anyone in a woods hunting with anything other than an auto loader or a pump, in that order. My son prefers his A5, as does a coworker who makes his land available to us a few times a season. There is a local guy who shoots his doubles at my club, but, he has a wide variety of guns, and it is just as likely that on any given day, he will have a repeater along.

Virtually no doubles at the club or in the field. Most local gun shops will not even take a double on consignment, they are packed with guns the Pepsi generation has aged out of.

If there is a revival, it missed my haunts.

Best,
Ted