I went to the range this morning. Alone. I didn't feel like going but encouraging weather and encouraging wife changed my mind so I went. I had a new double that I needed to get acquainted with anyway. I gave it a nice workout and it was flawless (wish I could say the same for myself) but I did shoot it well culminating with a scotch double on the last pair. (Are you kidding me!) But when I wasn't busy, my thoughts kept drifting to people I was missing, most of all my shooting partner. During one of those ruminating pauses I found myself staring down at the "new" gun (a 95 year old 16b Star variation NID) and its stars brought my thoughts to The Star. Before I'd left the house the weather gal had reminded us that it was the darkest day of the year. It kind of felt that way as I drove but in gravitating to thoughts about The Star I came to its "tidings of comfort and joy" and the drive back home was far brighter.

I don't know if our Christmas will be merry but it will be bright because of what that star heralded. I wish the same for each of you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Speude Bradeos