I can't offer much more either. I'd be inclined to think with the SN that it is a 32-S or at least the stock is. I will post the pictures so everyone can see them without clicking. It's clear that Ivan's Pop sure loves that gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The barrels have that long, slow, full barrel twist that Tom discussed and not the six inches of twist "choke". Do the barrels look slightly pitted?

I once was staying at a small hotel in Sofia in about 1999 or 2000 - up on the mountain, winter time with snow on the ground. At a bar in the late afternoon were two Brits, a Bulgarian girl and a couple of other foreigners. They were talking about a plot to assassinate Slobodan Milošević in Serbia. It was an elaborate scheme and included crossing a 400 m deep gulch on a rope to get into a castle. I was privately making notes to give to the embassy security officer when I realized they were making a movie.

As they described the planned night-time assault I was picturing a print I have of the Castle of Souli in Epirus. .

Last edited by Argo44; 01/17/24 09:42 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch