Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by craigd
I can appreciate your Wisconsin comments, if you don't recall, I lived there for a number of years, still have family there and still visit fairly regularly. My previous comments are not your comments or experiences, they are what I know, first hand. Did quite a bit of fishing and hunting there, but now have no interest anymore, nor do I feel the urge to visit those great central Wisconsin ranges and shoots as I would in the past.

It's an odd scenario that you paint. Parents sign permission forms for their minor children to participate in firearm related extracurricular activities, but it is the responsibility of hobbyist strangers to nurture shooting sports? I'm reading that you believe we've already lost the parents? Do you realize how many tens of thousands of dollars, countless parents will pour into club soccer or volleyball, or HS football? I hope Wisconsin parent show to the trap shoots?

I know we've gone over the hypocrisies of justifying when and where we should be allowed to used lead shot, and when we should be forced to use notox shot. I've never ever claimed to oppose the science, but I believe I've consistently opposed political agendas and hypocritical cheerleading. It serves no purpose to rant about heads uparses vs welcoming supporters of youth shooting sports, are either in realty the old guard, lock step, union democrat voter?

Do you suppose Jimmy, since you quoted him, takes a moment to distinguish between dove and woodcock habitat, what determines heavy or low shot fallout, previously vs newly under consideration notox hunting zones? Do you think the fellow that can't tie his show, that Jimmy says he's voting for, will turn over policy making to representatives of US citizens, or zealots?

We shouldn't speak of liklihoods. We all know countless shooting ranges have been closed down, or are under heavy pressure, regulatory and financial, to shut down. It is not their discretion to decide if they use lead shot, or voluntarily shoot notox. Of course, there's an on and on. I understand your points.

After reading this 3 or 4 times, I still can't figure out about half of what you are talking about.

But that said, if you want to ensure hunting and shooting sports in the future, you (and many others here) would be well served by trying to recruit people with at least slightly more liberal politics to hunting and shooting. Is it any surprise that, after finding themselves very unwelcome in any and all of these activities, many of them are happy to pull the trigger on anything that means less lead in the air? I am surprised we have as much shooting and hunting opportunities as we do right now. The attitudes shouted loud and long by you and others here are not making any new friends outside of the very insular and rapidly shrinking tribe of extant shooters.

Now, fix up your grammar and spelling before Ted and Standish get after you... smile

How ‘bout you welcome the DEI misfits, transsexuals, BLM terrorists, climate cooling, climate warming, climate change pinheads, non hunting legislators who want to ban lead shot and purchases of more than a gallon of paint, defund the police nutcases, and people who want to mandate lead testing for 4H members to YOUR camp.

I’d end up incarcerated, if I tried that.

Best,
Ted

You and craig and some of the others here are, no doubt, the worst ambassador and recruiter to the shooting and hunting past times.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]