Originally Posted by Licensed to kill
Last year I bought a little moss berg 20GA pump for the grandkids to shoot. Ben, who was 9 took to it right away and while he started out of the gate shooting abut 40-50% on clays, quickly improved too 80-90% by summer end. A couple week ago the kids were here and it was a nice day so we decided to shoot some clays. Ben, who would usually shoot several boxes in a session shot about 12-15 rounds and missed every one then quit. I was shocked (and dismayed). Yesterday, we were at my sons place for thanksgiving and Ben was playing some shoot 'em up, military type video game and my wife said "Ben, you are missing everything" and it hit me. I wonder if playing that game screwed up his real world hand eye coordination and that is why all of a sudden he can't hit any clays. I said as much and within a minute or two, Ben put the controller down and stopped playing. Unfortunately, after about 1/2 an hour he started back top again. Not sure if I am on to something or just grasping at straws. Thoughts?

Personally, I think the world would be a better place without video games. It's possible his coordination is off from the video games, I guess. I think it might be an interest problem. My son's interest in outdoor activities would go back and forth. The problem with the games is that they're like dope for some kids, right now, maybe he'd rather shoot Martians, and his concentration is suffering. I wish you luck getting it straightened out.