I'm rather surprised by the unneccessary venom in one or two of these postings.

Gentlemen, it is just an auction catalogue. If you feel it is not to your liking, fine, stay away or call and ask for more information.

All auction houses advise clients that photos and descriptions are for guidance only - "Please note that all catalogue descriptions are intended for guidance only. For more detailed info please request a condition report". (quoted from Holt's catalogue).

Photos in a catalogue are no basis on which to buy a gun. Regardless of how good they do or do not look. I know one or two posters on this topic have been caught out by doing just that.

I would never buy anything that I haven't seen myself unless I had a clear report on the condition by someone I trusted as honest and competent.

Anyway, it is just a sale that happens to be accessible and there on your doorstep (someof you) and you can take the guns away on the day instead of having to arrange and pay for shipping.

Come on guys -less of the 'grumpy old men' act. If you don't like the look of it, stay away but no need to be rude.