First of all I would like to apologize for my poor choice of words, i.e. "shut.....etc." I was bristled a bit by someone saying that George was "carring baggage, etc." All the ads by me early on was adequately explained long ago. That said, I asked Ron Long the owner of Charlton Hall about the state sales tax. as was stated in a previous post only that which is paid for and collected in South Carolina will be subject to state sales tax. Everything that is shipped out of state by common carrier will not. That is not CH's policy that is state law. For those of you who plan to attend and stay over I checked on a brand new Hampton Inn one-half block away from CH and as of yesterday they still have rooms available. Their info is:

Hampton Inn Downtown Historical District
822 Gervais Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201
Glen C. Williams - Manager - e-mail: g.williams@hospitalityamerica.com
Telephone (803) 231-2000
FAX (803) 231-2868
web site: http://www.HamptonnnColumbia.com

& no, I am not getting a kick-back from them. Their regular price is $129.00 for a double or king. There are less expensive hotels in the area but not just this close. This Hampton Inn & CH are both located in the VISTA area of Columbia where most of the night life happens to be.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com