I'll agree that overall the auction had issues and your concerns may be warranted. But everyone has to start somewhere & it tends to be toward the inexperienced or "green" side. But it is all too easy to criticise from the armchair position and not take an active part. If there is to be a auction house in the South, the it definitely needs direction, support and constructive criticism and I for one would not put much weight on issues raised by someone who didn't attend or bid. I'm assuming(antithesis of exactitude) that the person you are referring to is George L. and I was taught that if you are going to accuse someone of something that you are obligated to call him out by name. I don't have a dog in the fight and I don't know what, or if any, that George L. had in the auction. But I do know that he sat a seat or two away from me and out bid me on a few items. He wasn't raising his paddle on every lot. So what if everyone in attendance brought a gun for the auction? If the bid is higher than what you value it, don't bid. If Dig brought a boat load over, would you make the same accusation toward him? I believe that support is what the event needs and the infighting needs to be tossed to the curb.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse