Geno posted a video of he and a red setter? hunting corncrakes.
Back when "Steel powder" was first on the market, I loaded up some fancy shells for hunting teal.
They were 1800+ fps, and loaded with #6 steel. 3/4oz as I recall. I sat at the bench for hours spinning those devils up. I carefully sealed the ends with nail polish. The primers too. I even polished the brass (just for looks). I was so proud of my new, high performance, handloads.
Well, I go duck hunting and stuff a couple up the chute. In comes a knot of bluewings. Now's my chance! They are twisting and spinning and rising up and down. They reminded me of powder blue blackbirds in a whorl. They bore down on me like a freight train. I rose to take the lead bird, and Ka-Booom! Off goes my shotgun with a tremendous roar, and an acrid plume of smoke. About knocked me on my keister.
I recomposed myself for a second shot (the recoil had been herculean) but I couldn't see the ducks any more.
I looked out into my spread, and low and behold, all 6 were doing the back stroke in the decoys. There were feathers all over the place. It looked like a pillow fight gone bad with Grandma's lapis lazuli featherbed thrown into the fray.
The feathers were mostly blown off the birds, pre-plucked I'd call them. When I cleaned my delicious prizes, I only found pellets in the two lead birds. The rest seemed to have died either from collision, or percussion.
Since that time, my friends have called my special swatter loads "Pluckers", as they seem never to penetrate, but tear handfuls of feathers off every bird shot with them.

Perhaps after a couple nogs this afternoon, I'll regail you lads with a story about my special shells known as "Shredders".

Out there doing it best I can.