Funny thing about all those "golden bb" shots. I told one above about my brother. Now I will tell one of mine and a comment. Course, since it is mine, it has a bit of larceny in it. (I would never do anything like that again, I promise. Young and dumb.) Anyway.

Pheasant hunting in Idaho as a young man. We shot out of the car at times. (Yea, we were bad.) And, truth is, I got pretty good at it. Used an 1100 3" mag. with Fed. Premium #4 copper.

That day, had a crazy (and probably more than slightly drunk) Texan driving the truck. We were in a plowed field and driving rather fast across the rows chasing a big bunch of roosters which had gathered as they do late in the season. Those roosters thought they were safe (and they should have been). Wind was blowing about 30 mph. Anyway, on a bounce between jolts, I got my body out of the window and killed a rapidly downwind flying rooster stone dead a LONG WAY off. Undoubtedly in excess of 100 yards.

After the shot the drunk Texan kept whooping that it was the best shot he had ever seen. And, he added that it was "a lucky shot." I pointed out to him at the time, and that is my point here, sure its lucky. It is also a PERFECT point. All those "golden bbs" have to have a perfect point.

Oh, the shame of my youth.

Regards, Jake

Last edited by Jakearoo; 12/31/07 04:42 AM.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net