Had to go look at a Fox with a friend. He decided right off to pass as the gun was too heavy. Nice gun he said. I was looking at another gun when he passed it to me. Seller said the he wanted $1000.00 for the "Fox Model BHE". Well when I looked at the gun I just about fell over. I had to agree it was heavy as heck. It was as nice a HE grade as I have seen in a long time. Not the model B. Told the guy I was with he should buy the gun. He laughed and said it was too heavy for him to want to carry it and if I liked the gun I should buy it. I did. Counted out the greenbacks right on the spot and took it home.

For a long time I have been looking for a nice HE and now I have it for less than a fourth of what I expected to pay for one in this type of condition. As I was driving home I had a thought that the seller made money on the deal and I got a heck of a deal. Guess it does not get much better than this. Explained to my friend what the gun was and what it was worth. But to him a eight plus pound gun is too heavy to carry and that is all that he cares about. He is happy, I am happy and even his wife is happy because he did not buy another gun. My wife understands that a one more gun can keep the old guns company. Plus the boys seem to be taking a real interest in doubles. Life is good.