Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
Along the rib on my Custom Grade Model 21 is "Custom Made for Fred Remington". Would I rather it not be on there? Of course. Did it lower the resale value of the gun? You figure- I paid $5000.00 for it about five years ago. (Anybody know the guy?)......... I have a 1960s Weatherby Mark V rifle in .300 Weatherby Magnum with a Weatherby 9X variable scope. It was custom made for my uncle. It has 24 mother of pearl inlets, the stock is checkered with cut leaves on the entire stock. And it has his name under the forend on a gold plaque. My aunt gave it to me after he died in 1975. Do I mind if it has his name on it? Nope. I will give it to my son to give to his. So, I guess it depends on the cicumstances. If you want to keep the gun and don't ever plan to sell it, I guess it doesn't matter. But if you get one to resell and make a profit, it probably does lower the value. Fortunately though, my son and I have the same initials.

I'd tell people it belonged to Frederic Remington, the famous Western artist. Never mind that he died in 1909.

> Jim Legg <