Mr Harry Eales,Reading your 'posts' reminds me of many of the 'Older' Riflesmiths/Gunsmiths that I had the pleasure of meeting/working with in some small way over the last 42 years of my Residency here in the US. at one time I had one of Harry Popes bench 'set-ups'. Large Mahog.block with steel plate in the top suface,steel pin at front to locate the 'V' in the foot of the bbl clamp. I think it was pictured in one of the Gun/D. that Amber gave me on one of my many visits to his'Office'.Do you or any of this Esteemed Group know the name of the Rifle-maker,(who;s name and photo is still packed in my 'stuff) who took to the'Woods' Snake River, Idaho, Had a TV Special of him Just before he died,aprox.1989 90?. He was a 'Very Clever' Pimitive Rifle & Gun maker.I shot the Friendship, Indiana,Matches, 1975-1982. with several 'Shots' who knew him. I have a P/Back Book of his life story(In storage)MP, Great photo of Workshop, One of my Favorite subjects! I still use hand tools from the 1860-1900s on a daily basis.Another name from my S.Indiana Past'William S Schilling,was a S/S builder, Shot with Harry Pope often, had a good collection of Pope Bbl. rifles.he was also a'hellava' Inventor, had some US Pats. for Farm Equipment I belive.One of the many'Hands-On'Type of Firearm Enthusiast' that dont seem to come to the top of 'The Cream-Bucket' in this PC era.Who was it who said something to the effect" Theres no Future Without a Past?...CC.