Man, what a bunch of whiners! What are you guys so upset about? Don't like the price? Make an offer. Still too much? Don't buy the gun. I'm sure different Cabelas enjoy different levels of expertise in their staff, but my experiences have been mostly positive, and I've made money buying and selling guns through them. I will admit that their rapid expansion has stretched their expertise and their inventories too thin (and I miss the old days), but if it weren't for the several Cabela's within a half-day's drive, I'd be stuck dealing almost exclusively with a bunch of yayhoo bottom feeders with small inventories of black guns, ancient foreign military pieces, pimp handguns, three Remington 870s (all 12s) and two rode-hard muzzleloaders. I don't know where the good stuff would be, but it wouldn't be around here. How can you bitch about Cabelas when you've got Bass Pro out there? And what about guys like Drake and others of his ilk? Talk about crazy prices! Ask yourself if you would really prefer it if Cabelas just got out of the used gun business altogether. They've exposed hundreds of thousands of Americans to guns they would have never otherwise been aware of, and have literally created a market and support that would not otherwise exist in an increasingly anti-gun, anti-hunting world. I think fine gun collectors and shooters would be much worse off without them in the game, and while I don't work there or own their stock, I say we owe them our thanks for supporting our hobby ... not the dog-pile they're regularly subjected to here. I know many of you won't agree, but that's my opinion. With fond respect for the finest group of gun cranks anywhere, TT

"The very acme of duck shooting is a big 10, taking ducks in pass shooting only." - Charles Askins