As Larry has said they (Cabela's) are there to make you happy, whatever it takes. The sales people (associates) are told to always say hello and can I help you. Even if they are not in their area and you need help they are told not to say I don't work in this area, but are told to help and/or get someone that does and not leave the customer until then.
As for their return policy, where can you buy a pair of boots (example) and wear them for months, take them back with a receipt and get your full money back. No receipt full price on store credit.
There are some good deals on guns in the gun racks, for a while Damascus barrel shotguns were a good bargain, now they are going up in price. I bought a 12 ga. Ithaca Crass Grade 2, good wood, chain Damascus barrels that were cut to 26" for $200. There has been a Fabrique National 12 ga sidelock sxs 72 cm steel barrels (28 1/2"), 2 1/2" chambers Greener crossbolt, ejectors, assisted opening, chopper lump barrels, Anson type forend release, good wood, 20 lpi,? checkering, decent blueing and blued side plates for $1,000 now reduced to $800. It has been there for quite a while. Hard to get information on it, but it is made very well.
Also as stated between all the Cabela's sites there are a lot of guns available to circulate than ever before. I like them and will continue to check out their new/used guns.
Here is one that I think I stole from them, a 20 ga Ideal 28" barrels, full/full, refinished, the cost of the re-case and blueing is about the price I paid.

David