Glenn,

It took me years to find the proper wood for this project, I needed one that had a bit of figure in the butt and the rest straight. Also because the back of the Borchardt action is at an angle needed grain flow a certain way. When done this rifle needs to look like it came from Zischang’s shop. I was whining to Jerry Fisher about “No one understands me and the wood I need”. He said he had bought a bunch of this type wood years ago but people did not want it because it was so “Plain”. Problem solved. . I had the same wood problem when I was looking for wood for the pictured long-range, you can see in the picture how the wood grain meets the action.

Harry,

The photo is not very good, if I have time I’ll shoot just the action. The action is a commercial action with an octagonal frame. The plate can be removed to install factory set triggers. I was visiting a friend in Portland about twenty-five years ago and he showed me this. He had bought an almost new Borchardt sporting rifle before WWII pulled the barrel, wood and sights and threw them away (insert tears here) then had the action profiled, he had a varmint rifle planned but never got around to it.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014