I am in PA. My 21 Trap stock was almost perfect for me when I found it. The stock was a bit short at 14-1/4" with the red Win pad and I had a 1/2" spacer and new Kickeeze sporting pad fitted by a local guy, so now it's 14-3/4". That's really all I did to it. No restocking, no refinishing of wood or metal.

I don't know if you've had quality restocking done but you're probably looking at ~$3-4k depending on the wood selection and what you want done. That's a big chunk of money. Regarding a sporting gun, sooner or later you or someone will ding the stock when going in or out of the cage, and IMO it's not the best idea to put a ton of money into a really good stock that you have to baby. I understand Andy CS is out of biz but of course Wenig and Turnbull do very high quality work. I guess it depends what you want - if a 21 for serious sporting then I think you can do it without putting a ton of extra $ in the gun once you buy it. On the other hand if you want a show stopper when on the course, the sky is the limit when you get into custom stocks with really high grade wood. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.