Thanks for the ideas. I'll bet the problem is a combination of mild pressure and maybe excessive headspace. Note that I have some loads from Gad Custom ammo formed from 28 ga brass. (they are a pc of junk IMO. I had some case separations at the neck and case neck splits.) The 28 ga rim is smaller and thiner than the Jamison brass. I had no primer problems with those shells loaded with the same bullets and charge. I did have some miss-fires, but I blamed it on the shell rim.

I did resize the brass before the 1st load using Lee dies. I wonder if they may be a bit undersized vs the dies that may have been used by GAD. The GAD shells could have been settling in on the poorly shaped shoulder while the Jamison could have been setting on the (excessive) rim space. What do you think?

PS I personally would not buy the shells from 28 ga brass again.

Also I want to load some shells with all copper to hunt pigs in our stupid Conder Restricted area. I was thinking about using .458 dia and patching with teflon plumbing tape. What do you think?

I might be able to find some .465 dia solids and just load those up. That is the diameter of the lead bullets I have from GAD. Any comments or thoughts?

Thanks

Jerry