IMO Blue Book values have not always kept up with market prices especially on lower grade Parkers. Real world prices of lower grade Parkers has climbed very rapidly in the last few years whereas high grade Parker prices have remained more static. If you attend a Vintagers event or side by competition there is a great acceptance of restored classics. Seems to me many people want their guns to look as good as they do in their period clothing. In this regard Baer's book is yesterday's news because there is a much larger group of shooters who plan to or use the guns regularly vs. collectors simply looking to buy and sell or buy, hold and sell. Determining a fair price on a restoration depends on many factors, quality, condition and the "uniqueness" of the gun. A VHE 28 with good dimensions is desireable piece and we all know what demand vs. supply does to price. The lower grade Parkers remain the workhorses they were meant to be and because they are used they will all need some restoration as the decades pass. Hopefully your customer has been "shopping" for a VH or VHE 28 and seen what they are going for, that to me is the best way to try and get an idea of a "range" to start from rather than relying on the Blue Book.

BTW. It is DelGrego not DelGreco. They are very nice people and if your customer calls them I bet Babe will give you some idea of what the restored gun is currently going for.

Last edited by nhcrowshooter; 06/14/08 07:16 AM.