Concider that most folks in the world get by with none.For a hunter shooter one is a must. I believe most when they look back through life find that many of their best times in the field were with their cheapest guns,their first.Haveing moor than one tie is a waste in my book but many pairs of boots are needed,some need lots of ties and one pair of boots.I have had a hundred shotguns at one time and now get by just fine with one. no matter how many guns you have you will have one gun you use 90% of the time and would work for the other 10%.If you hunt and shoot sporting trap and skeet four guns would probably be nice but with choke tubes one gun will do it all unless you are serious and shooting for brass.
I shot a cylinder choked gun for many years both in the field and on the range and it never failed me but with trap did stick to 16yd but found nothing in sporting i couldn't hit doing my part.I passed on 50yd crossing phesant and let doves come in abit more but ducks fell in the decoys and those were fun years. When I shot for brass and to try to impress I used two guns a two barrel trapgun,unsingle and O/U and a sporting gun with tubes that worked for fun skeet that I never got serious about.
When someone comes over and you show your guns you can pull out one and say this is my baby or you can pull out twenty and then for the final gun pull out your baby. "To many guns is when your family goes without so you can have one more"